I had the chance to meet a few of them at a conference organized by IWSAW. Highly educated women who have assimilated the best of Western culture. They spoke and wrote in flawless French. Their dress, conversations and manners revealed a modern life, good taste, free of ostentation and artificiality.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Rose Ghurayyib, Woman Through 17 Stories , Al-Raida Journal: 1984, The Beginning of a New World Communication Order? - February 1984 - Issues 27-28
- Rose Ghurayyib, Fi Tareek-el-Hayat (Traversing the Road of Life) , Al-Raida Journal: Women and Work - February 1987 - Issue 39
- Rose Ghurayyib, Mother's Day and Women's Day , Al-Raida Journal: International Women’s Day - Spring 1992 - Issue 57
- Rose Ghurayyib, Jamileh Under the Cedars , Al-Raida Journal: What about career women? Spring 1993 - Issue 61
- Rose Ghurayyib, From the Winner of the Franco-Arab Book Award, 1993. Evelyne Accad's "Blessures Des Mots" (Wounds of Words) , Al-Raida Journal: Women=Family in 1994? Fall 1993 - Issue 63
- Rose Ghurayyib, Women's Integration in Development an Imperative of our Time , Al-Raida Journal: Equality Development and Peace - November 1985 - Issue 34
- Rose Ghurayyib, State Policies and Position of the Women Workers in the People's Democratic Republic of Yemen. (1967-1977) , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Women and The Women’s Decade - February 1985 - Issue 31
- Rose Ghurayyib, My Next Door Neighbor , Al-Raida Journal: Women and Work - February 1987 - Issue 39
- Rose Ghurayyib, Wafa Stephan, National Conference of the Lebanese Women's Council 23-4-1983 , Al-Raida Journal: Women’s Participation in Development - August 1983 - Issue 25
- Rose Ghurayyib, Art and Freedom , Al-Raida Journal: Women and Education in Lebanon - Winter 1995 - Issue 68
- Rabéa Naciri, The Women’s Movement in the Maghreb: with emphasis on Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Women’s Movements - Winter 2003 - Issue 100
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.