There are groups of women whose members lead a secluded life , away from noise and publicity. They spend part · of their time in prayers, devotion and missionary work; and the rest of the time in profitable occupations, which allow them to earn a living. They are the nuns and sisters who belong to the various religious orders in Lebanon .
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Rose Ghurayyib, Women, Liberation, Creativity, By Khalida Sa'id , Al-Raida Journal: Women and the Environment - Winter 1992 - Issue 56
- Rose Ghurayyib, The Narrow Window , Al-Raida Journal: Young Women of Lebanon in the Post-War Era - Summer 1993 - Issue 62
- Rose Ghurayyib, Out of the Margins, by Aaron and Walby (Eds.) , Al-Raida Journal: Women... A Step Ahead - Fall 1992 - Issue 59
- Yusra Abdul-Rahim, Mernissi, F. (1987). Beyond the veil: Male-female dynamics in modern Muslim society , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 44 No. 2 (2020): Islamic Feminism
- Nicole Khoury, (Re)defining the First Mark of Development: Lebanese Feminist Discourse in Al-Raida, 1976–1985 , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 42 No. 2 (2018)
- Mehrinaz El Awady, Parental Policies: A Catalyst for Gender Equality in the Arab Region , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 42 No. 2 (2018)
- Safa El Naili, The Contribution of Female Writers in the Libyan Post Arab Spring: The Voice of Azza Al-Maghour`s Short Stories , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 43 No. 1 (2019)
- Connie Christiansen , Islamic feminism and Arab family laws: Increasing the Impact? , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 44 No. 2 (2020): Islamic Feminism
- Amina Jamal, Young Muslim Women, Willfulness, and the Honor Crime. , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 44 No. 2 (2020): Islamic Feminism
- Heba El-Shazli, Women’s Work in Civil Society Organizations , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Women in Civil Society - Spring/Summer 2002 - Issues 97-98
- Hinasahar Muneeruddin, Wadud, A. (2006). Inside the gender jihad: Women's reform in Islam. Oxford: Oneworld. , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 44 No. 2 (2020): Islamic Feminism
- Dr. Kamel Abu Jaber, Women's Work in Jordan , Al-Raida Journal: Why a Women’s Liberation Movement? - May 1981 - Issue 16
- Najla Husni, Edma Bayouth , Al-Raida Journal: Women and Health - February 1980 - Issue 11
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.