In 1969, the number of courses in women's studies given in the United States were less than 100. Within two years (1971), the number rose to 610, then to 2000 in 1973, 5000 in 1975, the Woman's year. In 1976, the number of universities offering the Women's Studies program grew to between 250 and 300.
Download data is not yet available.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Kazuko Tanaka, Formation and Development of Women's Studies in the United States , Al-Raida Journal: Research Projects on Women’s Status: A Pressing Need in the Arab World - November 1978 - Issue 6
- Lebanese American University, The AIDOS Project , Al-Raida Journal: Women and Literature - Summer 1997 - Issue 78
- Myriam Sfeir, Women's Role in Politics: The Quota System , Al-Raida Journal: Feminizing Politics - Winter 2001 - Issue 92
- Lebanese American University, International Women's Day , Al-Raida Journal: Feminizing Politics - Winter 2001 - Issue 92
- Myriam Sfeir, Eileen Kuttab, Director of Women Studies Institute at Birzeit University, Recounts , Al-Raida Journal: Women’s Centers in the Arab World - Summer/Fall 2000 - Issues 90-91
- David Waines, Globalization, Gender and Religion: The Politics of Women's Rights in Catholic and Muslim Contexts , Al-Raida Journal: The Status of Women in Lebanese Legislation - Fall/Winter 2005-2006 - Issues 111-112
- Sherifa Zuhur, Women's Crimes and the Criminalization of Sex , Al-Raida Journal: Female Criminality in the Arab World - Spring 2006 - Issue 113
- Dima Dabbous-Sensenig, Session 1: Empowerment of Women in Politics and Media , Al-Raida Journal: The Empowerment of Arab Women Through Higher Education - Summer/Fall 2006 - Issues 114-115
- Lebanese American University, Shedding Light Upon the Contemporary Women's Movement, by Rose Ghurayyib , Al-Raida Journal: Women and Liberation - November 1988 - Issue 46
- Lebanese American University, Discrimination Against Women in Japan , Al-Raida Journal: Women and Liberation - November 1988 - Issue 46
- Randa Abul-Husn, For a More Productive Role by Lebanese Women , Al-Raida Journal: Why Feminism? Winter 1993 - Issue 60
<< < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > >>
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.