Feminine poetry is not a product of our age. Women poets appeared in ancient as well as in modern times. The Ancient Greeks and Hebrews produced women poets and those who practised certain arts akin to poetry: the priestesses and the prophetesses. Arabic literature counts at least 200 women poets in pre· lslamic and Islamic periods, but unfortunately most of their poetry has been lost.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Lebanese American University, Seminar On Social Problems Of The Lebanese Working Woman: A Serious Effort For Her Promotion , Al-Raida Journal: Fallen Idols - August 1981 - Issue 17
- Lebanese American University, Recent Publications/Announcement/Films , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Women and Disability - Winter 2005 - Issue 108
- Lebanese American University, Recent Publications/Call for papers/Films , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Women and Cinema - Summer/Fall 1999 - Issues 86-87
- Lebanese American University, Combating Violence against Women, Fathers and Sons for Citizenship and Festival of Lebanese Art Books , Al-Raida Journal: Gender Quotas and Parliamentary Representation - Fall 2009 - Issues 126-127
- Lebanese American University, Recommendations Presented by the Participating Countries , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Countries and CEDAW - Spring 1998 - Issues 80-81
- Lebanese American University, The AIDOS Project , Al-Raida Journal: Women and Literature - Summer 1997 - Issue 78
- Lebanese American University, Press Release: right to work for spouses and children of Lebanese women , Al-Raida Journal: Citizenship and Gender in the Arab World - Spring / Summer 2010 - Issues 129-130
- Lebanese American University, Ingrid Jaradat Gassner: An Austrian Media Activist in Palestine , Al-Raida Journal: Non Arab Women in the Arab World - Spring/Summer 2003 - Issues 101-102
- Lebanese American University, International Women's Day , Al-Raida Journal: Regional Conference: Arab Women and the Environment - Winter 1994 - Issue 64
- Lebanese American University, Convention On The Elimination Of All Forms Of Discrimination Against Women , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Women and The Women’s Decade - February 1985 - Issue 31
- Sara Elbanna, Art and Islam in dialogue: A breakdown of preconceived notions as seen in the art of Shirin Neshat and Lalla Essaydi , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 44 No. 2 (2020): Islamic Feminism
- Djaouida Lassel, Hirak 2019: A New Year of Struggle for Algerian Feminists , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 44 No. 1 (2020): Special Issue on Gender and Revolution
- Hijabi Activism , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 44 No. 2 (2020): Islamic Feminism
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.