Most human rights movements have rightly focused on the state as a mobilization site for change. The family is an additional site of contestation for human rights and particularly for women's human rights. Without addressing its structure, culture, and dynamics, neither women nor men will be freed of relations of domination.
Download data is not yet available.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Suad Joseph, Gender and Citizenship in the Arab World , Al-Raida Journal: Citizenship and Gender in the Arab World - Spring / Summer 2010 - Issues 129-130
- Suad Joseph, I Could Not Be as Much as Myself: A Woman and the War in Lebanon , Al-Raida Journal: Women in Post-War Lebanon - Summer/Fall 1995 - Issues 70-71
- Suad Joseph, Gender, Culture and Human Rights , Al-Raida Journal: Battered Women in Lebanon - Spring/Summer 1994 - Issues 65-66
- Suad Joseph, Constitutional Matters: Women, State, Law, and Constitutions in the Aftermath of the Arab Uprisings , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Countries in Transition: Gender Rights and Constitutional Reforms - Conference Proceedings: Part 1 -Issues 143-144
- Connie Christiansen , Islamic feminism and Arab family laws: Increasing the Impact? , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 44 No. 2 (2020): Islamic Feminism
- Safa El Naili, The Contribution of Female Writers in the Libyan Post Arab Spring: The Voice of Azza Al-Maghour’s Short Stories , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 43 No. 1 (2019)
- Mehrinaz El Awady, Parental Policies: A Catalyst for Gender Equality in the Arab Region , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 42 No. 2 (2018)
- Randa Abul-Husn, Women's Human Rights are Universal! , Al-Raida Journal: Women=Family in 1994? Fall 1993 - Issue 63
- Randa Abul-Husn, Making Women's Rights Part of Human Rights , Al-Raida Journal: Why Feminism? Winter 1993 - Issue 60
- Alia Berti Zein, Women's Civil Rights in Lebanon , Al-Raida Journal: The Status of Women in Lebanese Legislation - Fall/Winter 2005-2006 - Issues 111-112
- Laurie King-Irani, Equality Now: An International Force for the Defense of Women's Human Rights , Al-Raida Journal: Women’s Rights Are Human Rights: Perspectives from the Arab World - Summer/Fall 1996 - Issues 74-75
- Lebanese American University, International Day of Human Rights, And the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women , Al-Raida Journal: Women and the Environment - Winter 1992 - Issue 56
- Laurie King-Irani, Women's Rights Are Human Rights , Al-Raida Journal: Women’s Rights Are Human Rights: Perspectives from the Arab World - Summer/Fall 1996 - Issues 74-75
- Dr. Mohamad Awadh Baobaid, Police Response to Violence Against Women Yemen as a Case Study , Al-Raida Journal: On Violations - Spring 2000 - Issue 89
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.